Saturday, October 11, 2008

Footprints


You walked into my heart
leaving footprints behind,
Making me feel special and warm
loved for and cared for.
Suddenly it was like all I had known was gone
all who I loved abandonded me,
My heart was like glass so fragile
and in a moment you shattered it.
In a moment everything was gone
scattered to the winds,
Just like our everlasting love
gone in an instant forever.
My mind goes over everything
I realise you never cared,
Knowing I must pay the price for my mistakes
I'm glad you made me realise what I had done.
My heart is on the mend
I have begun to rebuild my life,
It will never be the same but
now I know to be careful.
When someone walks into my heart
leaving footprints behind,
I will make sure they are the ones who will stay forever.








A poem by yours truly.. hope you enjoy it. And I'll be back soon with more stories ;D


2 comments:

Hornet said...

Thank you, this is great poem, I do loves it.
Waitting for you girl, keep on writting.
Best wishes

Bliss said...

that was really good :)